Building and contents insurance
Whether you're looking for basic or extended protection, La Trobe Financial has you covered. Our Landlord insurance product, through CGU, has been specifically designed to protect your investment property against incidents such as flood, loss or damage by a tenant or their visitors, vandalism or malicious acts by tenants and theft or attempted theft. You can also add options to your policy such as loss of rent, rent default, theft by a tenant, liability, strata title mortgage protection and workers compensation. We offer policies that let you pay by the month, at no additional cost, without the surcharges often applied by other insurers.
* Additional transaction fees may apply for Bpay, cheque & credit card payments.
- Accidental Damage to Buildings & Contents
- The ability to insure contents in properties being rented on a furnished basis
- Basic rental income protection whilst property uninhabitable due to an insured event (optional cover)
- Extended rental income protection for rental default by tenants (optional cover)
- Loss or damage caused by tenants &/or their visitors (including accidental or malicious breakage of fixed glass)
- Pay premiums monthly for no additional cost
- Optional Legal Liability Cover
- Optional Workers Compensation Cover
- For La Trobe Financial Lending customers – combine your monthly mortgage & insurance premium payments into one easy to manage Direct Debit.
- If you make a claim for the total loss of your building that is accepted, legal costs to discharge your mortgage will be covered.
- If you have entered into a contract to sell your rental property, building cover will be extended to cover the purchaser until settlement, purchaser insures the rental property or the purchaser becomes liable for damage to the rental property.
- Accidental breakage of fixed glass including;
- Any window tinting or shatter proofing material attached to the glass
- Fixed shower bases, basins, sinks, spas, baths and toilets
- Fire or explosion
- Impact by a vehicle
- Carpets, curtains & internal blinds,
- Furniture & fittings owned by you that are not built in
- Swimming pools that aren't built in
- Portable domestic appliances that are not built in
- Items thinly covered with gold or silver that are not jewellery or watches.
- Residential buildings (including: Professional offices or surgeries in those buildings)
- Domestic Outbuildings
- Boat jetties or pontoons for which you are legally responsible for.
La Trobe Financial Services Pty Limited ABN 30 006 479 527 is an authorised representative of the product issuer, insurer Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as CGU Insurance.
This page contains general advice only and does not take into account your personal circumstances. Before making decisions about insurance products it is important for you to read the Product Disclosure Statement ("PDS") accompanying each product and you should consider carefully whether or not the insurance available is appropriate for you.