Here are the steps, plain and simple:
Fill out our straight forward application form or speak to staff on 13 80 10 between 8:30am and 5:30pm EST Monday to
- We'll ring you back with a status update - this could be a conditional approval.
- We'll ask you to send us some documents relating to your income and the property you want to buy.
- We'll do a valuation on the property.
- Formal approval time - you'll be sent a settlement pack with all the forms you need to sign.
- You send everything back to our solicitor who ensures all the documentation is signed properly.
- A date is set for your settlement (our solicitor lets you know what that is).
- You receive your money and settle!
Once the application is assessed, following acceptable credit checks, employment checks (if fully verified), valuations and mortgage insurance
and lending criteria have been met, the loan is then approved. You will be notified in writing of the approval. Should
formal approval not be available a request for more information may be necessary. Soon after approval, you will receive loan contracts
from La Trobe Financial's
solicitors for you to read and understand and then sign and return to our solicitor, in order for settlement to take place. It is recommended that
you have your solicitor or conveyancer check the documents on your behalf. Once our solicitor receives the signed contracts, your loan
is booked in for settlement. At settlement, money exchanges between the parties and your new loan is activated. From this date onwards
your obligations under the loan contract commence and you make the required payments.